zaterdag 21 januari 2012

cotton necklace using a knitting dolly/punniken met katoen



This is one of the first pieces of jewelry I made using the knitting dolly.

In case the term "knitting dolly" is unfamiliar for the non-dutch people who read this: it was the only translation I could find for a very dutch piece of craftwork: the "punnikklos".
What I basically mean with this dolly is that it is a device where you can knit in a circle or a loom. 
So knitting loom would also be a correct translation I suppose.

This particular one only has 4 spikes on top of it to work with and 
children in kindergarden get their first go at it usually. Result is a thick cord.

When I use my dolly in public, the usual remark I get is 
"wow, I used this for the first and last time when I was about 5!"
For now, I will use the term knitting dolly, found on the wrapping of my "punnikklos" ;-)

Anyway, I used cotton for this necklace, so it doesn't get too hot around the neck.
And in the near future I will show more magic coming from this dolly.

Dit is het eerste sieraad wat ik gepunnikt heb.

Het heeft nog best wat hoofdbrekens gekost om de term punniken goed te vertalen naar het engels, 
ik hoop dat het voor de engelslezenden te volgen valt...

Wat leuk is is dat er altijd gereageerd wordt als je met zo'n ding in het openbaar aan het werk bent.
"Op de lagere school heb ik die voor het laatst gebruikt!"

Anyhoe, ik heb voor deze ketting katoen gebruikt, zodat het niet te warm is om de nek.
In de nabije toekomst laat ik nog meer magische resultaten zien van de punnikklos.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten