zaterdag 28 januari 2012

upcycled cardigan

A couple of years ago I knitted a black bolero (a short cardigan) 
but didn't wear it very often.
I almost threw it away when I realised I could still spice the thing up.
So yes, here I am again with "just add 2 square pieces of knitwork", 
one for the shoulders, one for the bodice and you're done.
The great surprise with the big bodice-part is that it is so heavy, 
it kind of flows into a nice shape around the torso.
It's  a really nice thing to wear during winter, 
the warmth on the back is magnificent.


Een aantal jaar geleden heb ik een zwarte bolero (kort vestje) gebreid, 
maar ik droeg het eigenlijk nooit.
Ik had het bijna weggegooid toen ik me bedacht dat ie nog best gepimpt kon worden.
Dus ja, daar gaan we weer, "je hoeft alleen maar 2 rechte lappen te breien", 
eentje voor de schouders, eentje voor het lijf en je bent klaar.
Een fijne verrassing met het lijfdeel is dat het zo zwaar is 
dat het zich a.h.w. om je lijf heen voegt.
Het is een heerlijk vest voor de winter, de warmte op de rug is fenomenaal.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten